Iceblink v23 bug on arrows ?

Any bugs found while playing or testing the engines for both PC and Android

Iceblink v23 bug on arrows ?

Postby akselou81 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:05 am

Hello everyone, I m new to ice blink engine, which I discovered on android before playin on my PC.

I downloaded the last version (23) of the engine, and when playing the module Hearkenwold, I noticed that I cant use the arrows. I created a ranger character, and after searchin the castle, I find bow and arrows. I can equip the bow, but no way I can equip the arrows. I click on them, double click on them, click on the "equip" button, nothing happens.

I dont know if i should report the bug here or on the module forum, so I apologize if I made a mistake. And if it's not a bug but a misuse, I ll be glad to hear about the solution ;)

Thank you for your amazing work, I m a old school fan !!

Regards,

Axel
akselou81

Re: Iceblink v23 bug on arrows ?

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:38 am

Welcome to the forums, akselou81 :) !

Ah, sorry to hear of your ammuniition troubles. There is indeed a bug in v23 that makes ammo unusable - you did everything correctly on your end. It was fixed starting from v24+ onwards (those versions are not on the vault though). The newest current version is v52 - you can download it here (use at your own risk, as always):

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=467&start=500#p8757

Just copy Hearkenwold into the module folder of this download and keep fingers crossed (might have to do the same for savegames if you would like to try to resume an existing save). I dont truely know though whether the released Hearkenwold version will work out well with v52 as so many things changed in the meantime (the goal is that compatibility is maintained though so your chances are not that bad at all).

And many thanks for the kind words, really appreciated :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi Axel,

If you are looking to play around with the IceBlink toolset, then definitely check out the latest build that youngneil1 has been working on.

However, to play Hearkenwold right now, I recommend using version 21 of the IceBlink engine. That was the build I ran the module, which is posted on the neverwintervault. There will be a new update (continuation of the adventure) coming toward the end of the year that incorporates a lot of the features of the latest engine.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Indeed, Dorateen's advice is the best for your situation :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby akselou81 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Hello to both of you guys !! Many thanks for your explanations ! Bookmarked this page, will come back often to read news about your project !!

Keep on rocking the rpg world !! ;)
akselou81

Postby akselou81 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:35 pm

Dorateen wrote:Hi Axel,

If you are looking to play around with the IceBlink toolset, then definitely check out the latest build that youngneil1 has been working on.

However, to play Hearkenwold right now, I recommend using version 21 of the IceBlink engine. That was the build I ran the module, which is posted on the neverwintervault. There will be a new update (continuation of the adventure) coming toward the end of the year that incorporates a lot of the features of the latest engine.

Congratulations for your work !! I'm facing another issue, without being sure it's a bug or due to the fact that it's not implemented yet : I found an evidence about some priest, hidden behind some torch, i cant say more without spoiling... ;)
So, when I bring this evidence to the people who requested it, nothing happens....Is that the end of the module for now ?
akselou81

Postby Dorateen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:29 pm

I would stay that is close to the end, as you discovered a key plot point. Did you get the quest to return to Kelton Manor? Once you follow the main quest line, it should wrap things up a little more.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby akselou81 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:13 pm

No i did not...In fact, no character reacted any different after i found the evidence....Neither the lord, nor the men in Khyn who gave me the mission. I checked my quest book, but nothing changed.

In fact, i don't know if it s a bug, but no quest goes into the Quest book, but the first one, where i m requested to investigate on goblins...Which I never achieved, cos when I go to the Lord, it always says that I ve nothing new to report, even after slaughtering the whole goblin race lol, and ransacking their cave....
akselou81

Postby Dorateen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:17 pm

I think this has come up before. Go to the upstairs barracks in the castle, the stairs that are in the southeast corner. When you go up there it will trigger a conversation with the Commander. This will start off the next part of the main quest.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby akselou81 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Just went where you told me to, the book is in my inventory, but nothing happens :(
akselou81

Next

Return to Engine Bugs