Ammo Not Needed Bug?

Any bugs found while playing or testing the engines for both PC and Android

Ammo Not Needed Bug?

Postby zach_holbrook » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:44 pm

I've noticed that I don't actually *need* ammo when I have a ranged weapon equip to hit things far away. If I have ammo it works, but if I don't it works, too -- I'm not sure if the attack uses the same stats as the ammo, though (it doesn't use any projectile graphics).

One perhaps related issue: when equipping any weapon, even melee ones, I get an ammo-not-compatible message.
zach_holbrook

Re: Ammo Not Needed Bug?

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:05 am

Thank you for the input, Zach.

Concerning the first issue I have a hard time replicating it here. My test bow refuses to fire without arrows equipped. Could you please double check for me that the weapon you use has 1) category set to "ranged" (not just itemCategoryName which is labeled very similar unfortunately) and 2) ammoType pointing to the intended ammo's tag. Also, any additional info you can think of is very welcome.

Concerning the second issue: does this happen when you have ammo in the slot already and then equip/switch to a melee weapon. If that is the case, the unassignment of ammo is intentional (yet not very convenient indeed). Whenever equipping a weapon that does not point to the currently equipped ammo, that ammo is unequipped. Maybe I can exempt melee weapons from this...

Totally unrelated: I will be in NY soon for a few days. Any pro tips about favorite places to eat (think sea food, asian, salad -> girl friend/wife compatible :D ), good bars/clubs (alternative/maybe electro), most nerdy comic shops/rpg stores :D or any other cool-to-do recommendations ? We will stay in Chelsea area (two friends will stay in Hells Kitchen). Any input very welcome, too :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:11 pm

Thanks, I'll poke around and see if I can fix it... It must be something I'm doing (perhaps having to do with duplicate entries I've made)? I'm going to change some tags and see if that helps.

I'd love to recommend some things! And if you're not too busy, I think it'd be great to get a coffee or something. What dates are you here? -- PM or email me!
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:56 am

Awesome, Zach -> PM is on its way :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Return to Engine Bugs