Money, trading, economies

Any ideas or suggestions for improving the IB2 engine

Re: Money, trading, economies

Postby slowdive » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Excellent ideas Karl, I'll add the two properties to shops and the module charisma modifier property.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pongo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:00 pm

Awesome, good work! All my future shopkeepers are going to be incredibly ruthless I think when it comes to prices...

Yeah that's a good list of consumables, Karl. I've been slowly playing the Avernum series by Spiderweb Software over the last year or so, and there are loads of great ideas there for ways to balance exploration and gold purchases. The spell/trait mechanics have been firmly put together with this in mind. For example, each spell has three levels of effectiveness - you can buy two of these levels from a trainer (...but only if you find the trainer for that specific spell, and they are scattered throughout the lands!), and the third level can only be found through old magic books you have to find in dusty dungeons. Its a great balance for spending gold/exploring and feels very rewarding .
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:43 am

I like that kind of progression via masters/trainers and discovering secrets a lot, too :D . I think older Might &Magic titles nailed this very well, too, with like five degrees of mastery for traits & spells, from Beginner to Grandmaster...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Previous

Return to Engine Ideas and Suggestions