Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby Zeke » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:27 pm

youngneil1 wrote:JER: 2. Combat: finally get event squares in, with graphic symbols and easiy setp up via toolset

That's pretty impressive list! Didn't expect so many additions.
Does this mean I can do tiles that do damage in combat?

Is there a DoDamage function?
Last edited by Zeke on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke

Postby Dorateen » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:43 pm

Zeke wrote:

I use the script

gaPartyDamage.cs

But that is called in a conversation. I'm not sure, would that work on an encounter map?
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:01 pm

That's pretty impressive list! Didn't expected so many additions.
Does this mean I can do tiles that do damage in combat?

Thank you, Zeke. Yes, you can place triggers in the encounter editor now via "Paint new (Trigger)" (Jer has coded all of this, I just ported it over -> which means in many cases simply copied it). In the trigger properties you can set the event to be a "script". And then choose "gaPartyDamage.cs" from the drop down menu - just as Dorateen has correctly suggested. In the field for parm1 you can the e.g. set the damage number directly or a random range like rand(1-6).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:54 pm

Ha just downloaded the beta 22 and its pretty awesome - good work!
I haven't got a clue what most of the new options do but I'll have fun finding out.
I've clocked passive traits though, so as a first step I'm going to make some new character classes for a laugh :)
happy days!

EDIT: a little later...
having fun setting up some new classes with traits. The changes are fantastic - loads more scope!
I'm getting one minor problem though. When I close the player class editor, it "forgets" the last trait I added. For example, if I give a fighter the "cleave" trait at level one and shut the page, when I open the player class editor again "cleave" has vanished from the traits list. If I do the same thing again and give the fighter "cleave" and also "bluff", when I reopen the editor "cleave" will be there but "bluff" won't. If I give "cleave", "bluff", and "backstab", then cleave and bluff will be saved but backstab won't. Etc etc. Its easy enough to work around this, I'm just flagging it in case you can replicate and fix it.
Passive skills rock by the way! :D
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:57 pm

Wow, great work! I've been looking forward to this. Excited to play with the new options.
zach_holbrook

Postby zach_holbrook » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:35 am

Things are looking really good! I'm already tweaking some of my abilities and classes. Love the option to adjust names of powers. Are resistances and damage types working now?

One bug: I can't equip ammo. If I'm wielding a ranged weapon, the right ammo appears as an option to equip, but I can't actually select it. I tried it in Lanterna, too -- there, the archer character begins with a bow and arrows equipped just fine, but if I remove the arrows, I encounter the same problem.
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:12 am

Wow, great to see all you guys chime in :D !

Ha just downloaded the beta 22 and its pretty awesome - good work!
I haven't got a clue what most of the new options do but I'll have fun finding out.
I've clocked passive traits though, so as a first step I'm going to make some new character classes for a laugh :)
happy days!

Hehe, awesome! Dig right into it - hopefully this gets easier in the next few days when I have a bit more time for documentation.

I'm getting one minor problem though. When I close the player class editor, it "forgets" the last trait I added. For example, if I give a fighter the "cleave" trait at level one and shut the page, when I open the player class editor again "cleave" has vanished from the traits list. If I do the same thing again and give the fighter "cleave" and also "bluff", when I reopen the editor "cleave" will be there but "bluff" won't. If I give "cleave", "bluff", and "backstab", then cleave and bluff will be saved but backstab won't. Etc etc. Its easy enough to work around this, I'm just flagging it in case you can replicate and fix it.

Ah, yes, I saw that, too, already. Good point - onto the list of future fixes with it :D

Things are looking really good! I'm already tweaking some of my abilities and classes. Love the option to adjust names of powers. Are resistances and damage types working now?

Thank you, Zach :) ! Yes, I hope resistances and damage types work out as intented. But truth be told, I have not tested these systems in a while, so not 100% certain... will have look into it later.

One bug: I can't equip ammo. If I'm wielding a ranged weapon, the right ammo appears as an option to equip, but I can't actually select it. I tried it in Lanterna, too -- there, the archer character begins with a bow and arrows equipped just fine, but if I remove the arrows, I encounter the same problem

Argh, that sounds nasty. Thank you for the bug report, gets a high place in the priority list.

Edit: Oh, and cool new forum avatar, Zeke - I like 8-) !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:08 am

So, to keep momentum and to prepare a detailed explanation of new features I have just uploaded IB2_beta_V23 to dropbox - surprise (no April's joke :lol: , btw):

No liabilities /warranties taken whatsoever. As usual, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hub2ps3cps7h ... 3.zip?dl=0

It inculdes a linked map - a short tunnel system underneath a "mountain" (south of the "lake"). This way you can see in the toolset how such is set up. It might be a good idea to get the torch from the chest and use it in inventroy if you try to walk through the tunnels :mrgreen: .

Oh, try going north a bit from startpoint - can you tell where the "exampleArea" ends and the "northernReaches" begin? This an example of setting a neighbour area in toolset properties for seamlessly connecting two separate areas. No trigger was placed by hand for the connection - it is as simple as entering the name of the area that shall be neighbour in the correct property field of area properties (eg northern neighbour) and vice versa for the new neighbour (southern neighbour there, mirrored). You will see when you have a little look at it in the toolset.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:09 am

Uploading v23 to The Vault now...
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:24 am

Great - many thanks :) .

I will be doing more uploads to dropbox in the future, so people on the forum here without github knowledge will not have to wait as long as in the past between new versions. You dont have to upload each new version to the vault, I guess that would become quite hasslesome quickly. Maybe every few versions after some time has passsed :) ?

Speaking of this, I fixed the ammunition bug mentioned above. Also, I verified that immunities/resistances are applied - at least in my short test which encompassed wielding a lightning type damage battle axe against a 100% immune lizard 0 damage was done all the time. Looking good :D .

For those of you wanting to be in the very currrent loop, betav24 (no liabilites/non warranties, use at own risk):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0q042i5g0auy ... 4.zip?dl=0
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions