Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby Dorateen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:56 pm

IB Beta v69 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgq0fukodugpe ... 9.zip?dl=0

- added three new AI types, choosable under creature properties in the toolset: bloodHunter (go for lowest hp in range), mindHunter (go for highest sp in range) and softTargetHinter (go for worst AC in range)
- please use them only for normal sized, non-casting creatures (for now)

Great work making this available, youngneil1. Starting with straight-forward melee type creatures makes sense. I think I will download and work on this next week, so I can give feedback in September's update.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Awesome, all feedback is very welcome :) . The new AI types should also work for ranged attackers that simply shoot or have a long melee range. Casters on the other hand are not supported right now. Also, I fear oversized creatures will not work correctly with the new AI types for now. We will get there :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:23 pm

I have a question! You, I'm alive. Nice work and progress I see here!

I started again and I'm currently having a problem. Importing background image results in all tiles saying BLANK. Why is that?

EDIT: Alright, it seems the map image should be in the graphics directory and its tiles should be 50x50. It seems the use 100pixSquares option in the area properties is not working? I wanted to import a map with 100x100 tiles and doesn't work as it should.

I just grew attached to my 100px squares :cry:

Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Hey Zeke,

I am a bit busy in RL right now, but I hope to look into it mid or end of next week. Btw, your tiles look very fine :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:05 am

I found my problem. The area must be saved after the Use 100px Tiles is enabled.

However my in-game minimap is a BLANK image :\
Zeke

Postby Dorateen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:01 pm

Hi Zeke,

I don't know if this would help in your situation, but can you resize the map image you want to use, adjusted to have 50 x 50 tiles?

For example, I make 16 x 16 grid maps in a program that uses 64 x 64 tiles. But then I resize the image to 800 x 800, which results in 50 x 50 tiles. And that is what I import into the toolset. (Saving the new 800 x 800 map in the graphics folder of the module.)

The tile set you show above does look great.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:28 pm

Dorateen wrote:I don't know if this would help in your situation, but can you resize the map image you want to use, adjusted to have 50 x 50 tiles?

Yes, I managed to import the 100x100 tiles (using the Use 100px Tiles area property) and they work and look as they should but it seems the problem with the in-game minimap stays. It is one white square with BLANK written on it. Glad you like the tileset!

Here is another (a little bloody) sneak peak of a castle under siege map - http://i.imgur.com/D7505Ti.jpg :D
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:29 pm

Still in holidays/honeymoon, so not much IB time, still:

@Zeke: The mnimap is currenly not supported with the (new) way IB allows dynmaic reading of tiles neded (which in turn allows a basically unlimited map size, constructed of seamlessly contected map pieces). One day I might add it in back, but this is far down the road.

IB Beta v70 release - no liabilities/now warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i3489gohr541 ... 0.zip?dl=0

- more work on the new AI types, especially ranged attackers of the new type should act cleverer and with less bugs now
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:16 pm

youngneil1 wrote:Still in holidays/honeymoon, so not much IB time

Have a great holiday! Hey, take as much time as you need. There will always be time for new udpates!

It seems Map Image as background for Encounters is limited to 50x50? It's rather strange that the overworld map can be 100x100 but in encounters, it's 50x50. It stretches the background image and it becomes blurry :(
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Thank you, Zeke :), having a great time here right now.

I will look into adding a 100x100px option for the encounter maps, so you can use resources the same way you are doing it for the main map.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions