Project Management: The Task List

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Project Management: The Task List

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:37 am

Ha! Creature Properties down - quite a big step forward there :D And it's rewarded instantly... gratz on level up! That slowdive critter is something to reckon with by now... brrr :mrgreen:

Jer's EXP: 43.5 (37 regular + 6.5 from speed kills)
Level: 3
Title: Gnoll
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZLbEX7_GC_c/U ... elinov.jpg
History of Evolution: Snotling -> Kobold -> Gnoll -> ?
EXP for next level: 60 (16.5 to go!)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:24 am

I finished what I think I can get done with the Item Properties before Beta. I think we will need to move the identifying, charges, and cursed to after beta or release. So I added 3 hours for Items and marked the parts I did.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:34 am

Nice one - yeah, all of those properties will involve storing change on the item. Best to get them in later once the item class is reworked to operate like the other objects. Will update the task list sometime tomorrow (too tired).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:33 am

Not sure if this bug was listed (was talked about), but I fixed the issue with creatures always moving at least one square even with MoveDistance = 0. I make a check before starting the navigatePath() code.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:25 am

Good find, I failed to enter that one - this movement bug (Pongo mentioned it recently I think) was not in the list. I awarded you 1 exp (estimated time: 1 hour) for fixing it and placed in the completed tasks list directly. Also I split up the finished item task, creating a new smaller one (to be done much later) concerning specific items instances that can store their own information. Updated all hours.

Wonder what to do with the moving NPC. Depending on my bugfixing and feature smoothing round to day, we might dare to add it to pre-beta features and enter the hours you will need to officially integrate it? If you choose so, the tasks concerning day/night cycle and weather, who seem related, might be tackled sooner than intended as of now. This again though would depend on the effort those tasks take - NPC can move without visible day/night tinting. Without day/night tinting in, I guess there's not much synergy effect for doing the weathers in the samerush.

One way to improve day/night might be to use various layer of 3x3 square creatures with sprites that are just hues of blue/gold/red. These would have HasCollsion to false and would also not carry a conversation. A script on the module on the era onheartbeat connected with world time could control reach layers show state. I am not certain though if they would drawn on top of everything (party, monsters, other props) which would be necessary...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:41 am

put 3 hours onto creature casting AI :D

Note to self: Found a bug where duplicating creatures does not create unique KnownSpells objects (I need to update the DeepCopy function to include these).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:42 am

Updated the hours (buffer time looking nice again :-)). Also added the new bug you mentioned so keeping track is a little easier:

[*]Bug, Engine, 0141: duplicating creatures does not create unique KnownSpells objects (I need to update the DeepCopy function to include these).
State ("not started" or "begun" or "finished"): _not started_ Estimated hours needed: _ _ Hours already invested: _ _ Teammember in charge: _JER_
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:29 am

clocked in 2 hours on Caster AI and 2 hours on Conversation Editor (busy day :D )
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:49 am

Most impressive under-week hours there :D

Also, fine to see work on the conversation editor start ("prevent non-intended jump to root" as well as "copy & paste nodes functions including actions and conditions, with their passed parameters", the later being very helpful if you want just to change some small details in a network of "to be copied" nodes: linking wouldn't work here because of the changes necessary and copying without actions and conditions creates a lot of extra work).

All hours updated - we're still perfectly on track, keep up the good work :)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:54 am

Added this feature:

[*]Feature, Toolset, 0143:It would be great to also have props with size 2 ( 2x2 squares) and 3 (3x3 squares). Having such would allow make large objects on a map that can be dynamically manipulated. Think of having house burn down -instead of reloading a whole new map with the house burned don, it would be better if one could actually exchange just the house prop. This will work better when we have larger sized props. The method of whole map exchange comes to its limits when you want to have different potential changes on the same map. Also, larger props could carry larger cohesive animations.
State ("not started" or "begun" or "finished"): _not started_ Estimated hours needed: _ _ Hours already invested: _ _ Teammember in charge: _JER_
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions