Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby Dorateen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Of course, it absolutely makes sense for ranged attackers, who will target those squishy characters hiding in the back row. Makes wanting to take down archers and the like a real priority.

Anyway, I'm anxious to see this implemented. Good work!
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:42 pm

Thank you, Dorateen :) . Will hopefully upload next beta this weekend for combat AI testing/debugging and feedback.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Maybe in the end it would be great to have various target selecting types and the builder assigns percentage to each type adding up to 100 percent. Maybe types like closest, most injured, most threatening, lowest AC, etc. So you can tailor each creature to any custom type AI. Could do similar for deciding on action like cast, attack, step back, full retreat, etc.

Would be nice to have a pop-up wizard/form with preset AI settings that can be clicked on to set and with all the adjustable variables with a check to make sure they add up to 100. So AI would be set on a separate panel similar to the spell selection panel for creatures only this would be a pop-up.

Would also be awesome to have a wizard some day for easily setting up time mover props (PLW) :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:47 am

Percentages sound awesome to combine diffetent targeting behaviours. Different spells might also habe different priorities for casting. I am really bad with building conveniently usable editors, but I will try one day :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:32 am

I hit a little roadblock with the AI - somehow it's bugging out in my test encounter and I do not know (yet) which recent change caused this trouble. Combined with No Man's Sky stealing some time;) and real life going into busy mode these days (as exchanged with New York streemaster Zach already I am going to travel to New York soon and, well, marry there :), IB development is very slowed down right now. Ah, as said before, we (hopefully) got some more decades to refine it anyway, no need to hurry :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Congrats Karl and future wife! Hope you enjoy your time in NY and all goes well with the plans. You'll have to PM us some pictures of the festivities and adventures :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:17 am

Thank you, Jer :D :D ! I will spam you guys with some picture bomb PM later :lol: (likely mid to end of September when we are back from honeymoon).

I made some progress with the AI.I issue I mentioned, but I am reluctant to declare victory. Must test differently set up battle situations first...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Have a great time Karl, defo pm some pics :)
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:20 am

Thanks a lot, Phil - I will :) .

Still not much IB time, but I made another step with the AI project. It think I nailed it down for single-square (normal sized) melee attackers now (go for lowest hp, highest sp or easiest to hit, each within combined move+attack range). Next I have to debug ranged attackers, will see how it goes ;). Theorectially, the new AI code already uses attack rnage as a flexible adder, but I have the gut feeling that because handling of diagonal squares is different for attack range than for move range it will need some extra work.

... Maybe I will let you guys beta test after the ranged attackers work. The additional AI options for larger creatures might then come once we got the normal sized ones (melee and ranged) thoroughly tested.

Then I will add percentage chances for AI behaviours (and spells), see Jer'S idea above. And finally the morale and the taunt system.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:30 pm

IB Beta v69 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgq0fukodugpe ... 9.zip?dl=0

- added three new AI types, choosable under creature properties in the toolset: bloodHunter (go for lowest hp in range), mindHunter (go for highest sp in range) and softTargetHinter (go for worst AC in range)
- please use them only for normal sized, non-casting creatures (for now)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions