Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:21 am

Oh yes, tooltip is an awesome addition. It lowers the barriers to entry significantly.

The screenshots from "The Elderin Stone" look great :) . I will get a new android phone this month (or so I hope), which should make trying out the new stuff easier (less wait for the Apple review process).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:53 am

Aha, could open The ElderinStone in Testflight! It's great to have sound now, loving it :D !

The hit sound is spot on, great job.
The miss sound works out, but I think a more "swoosh" like sound might be more imersive than the "ping".
Finally, the step sound makes the game feel much more reactive, very nice. Only improvement I would see here is perhaps to use a single step sound per step only. The current sound used gives the impresion of two steps taking place, which I found a bit irritating. So, instead of "Tchikk Tchikk", just "Tchikk", if that makes any sense :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:20 am

I'll work on those fixes.

Apple now allows anyone to test an app via TestFlight using a specific link for each app (if the Dev allows it):

https://testflight.apple.com/join/8l1mW3A7

Clicking on that link will set you up to test The Elderin Stone for iOS.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:48 pm

I uploaded an update to IBbasic for Android and PC.

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... bb.ibbasic
PC: https://neverwintervault.org/project/ic ... inetoolset

Here are the release notes for IBbasic v14:
-added music and sound capabilities
-fixed trigger images not showing up on 2d maps
-adjusted journal screen ui layout
-adjusted creature info on tap location (was hidden under finger before when tap on creature in combat)
-added filter buttons for tiles on area and encounter editors
-added data checking screen from the module editor screen
-added tooltips to conversation editor
-fixed long dialog nodes being cut-off

Still waiting for Apple to review Lanterna and The Raventhal. It looks like I will need to have a new approach for releasing updates to Google Play and App Store. I think I will only post updates of stable versions (updates that do not include significant changes) to the App Store. I can post all updates to Google Play because if there turns out to be significant bugs created in a new update, I can quick post a fix and it will be on the store in a day. If a significant bug shows up on a version on the App Store, it could weeks to have a fix finally show up. For this reason, I will only post "stable" versions of apps to App Store. I will still post "non-stable" versions to TestFlight for internal testing by IB community.

Next up is to post updates to Lanterna - The Exile to Android. I also have been working on The Birthday conversion the past week.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Feels really good to see your progress there, awesome :) !

Using Google Play Store for the more experimental updates while reserving App Store for tried & tested changes only seems like a fine approach to me.

My new android phone (Note 9) arrived finally - IBbasic looks very nice on it. The big screen makes reading and navigating a charm. Also, the stylus is a perfectly fitting tool for IB.

I am bit slower than usually here, but I hope to get into the old groove soon again :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:51 pm

youngneil1 wrote:My new android phone (Note 9) arrived finally - IBbasic looks very nice on it. The big screen makes reading and navigating a charm. Also, the stylus is a perfectly fitting tool for IB.

Awesome! Good to hear that it working well on the new phones with recent Android OS. What version of Android OS does it currently have?

youngneil1 wrote:I am bit slower than usually here, but I hope to get into the old groove soon again :) .

No rush of course, things get done when they get done :D

I am just about finished with the conversion of The Birthday for IBbasic. I have tested it all the way through and have fixed most of the issues found so far. I want to convert most of the areas from 2D to the 3D view. I may leave a couple of areas as 2D. I may need to create a few new wallsets first. I'll need to add that feature to the toolset art editor. Probably create just one side and one front wall panel and then automatically create the other sizes.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:57 am

The Android version is 8.1.0, works flawlessly (as I can tell so far).

No rush of course, things get done when they get done :D

Yup, that is a great mind set - no crunch time, no burn out here, loving it :) .

On another note, have you ever experimented with hold move arrow button down for continoous movement? Like keeping it pressed for a second and then the party makes steps in this direction as long as the arrow button is held? Might feel comfortable (or maybe not and the player has not enough control, hard to say).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:11 am

Finished converting The Birthday to IBbasic and updated most areas to 3d view which looks great. Now I need to do some more testing and bug squashing before posting to Google Play and TestFlight.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:41 am

Today I created stand alone projects for TheBirthday.Android and TheBirthday.iOS. I build and test the module in IBbasic first and then create stand alone apps once I'm fairly certain the module is ready to go. Now I can start testing and post betas to Google Play and TestFlight.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:51 am

Made some more bug fixes found during my The Birthday play testing sessions. Fixed a font issue with a few characters not in the correct location on the font sheet (/,>, and |). I also changed the screen resolution detection code for Android devices to better detect the true screen resolution for devices that have software buttons. This should help with some of the scaling issues that have been noticed on some Android devices.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions